On September 24, 2014, the National Council for Professional Qualifications under the President of the Russian Federation established the Council for Professional Qualifications in Railway Transport.
The council includes representatives of JSC «Russian Railways», the Ministry of Transport of Russian Federation, the Railway Transport Agency, the Russian Trade Union of Railway Workers and Transport Builders, university complexes of railway transport, employers of the industry.
Goals and objectives of the Council:
- Monitoring the labor market, ensuring its needs for qualifications and vocational education;
- Development and updating of professional standards and qualification requirements;
- Conducting an expert examination of federal state educational standards of professional education, approximate basic professional educational programs and their projects, assessing their compliance with professional standards, preparing proposals for improving these standards of vocational education and educational programs;
- Organization of professional and public accreditation of the main professional educational programs, the main professional training programs and (or) additional professional programs;
- Organization of an independent assessment of the qualifications of employees or persons applying for a certain type of labor activity in the field of railway transport.